Providing an accurate diagnosis is essential when it comes to treating health problems in your pet. That’s why Medical District Veterinary Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic services and an in-house laboratory.
Our veterinary team employs state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to provide a rapid diagnosis and to help us develop an effective treatment plan when your pet is sick. Our on-site lab also plays a significant role in our wellness and preventive care services, allowing us to properly assess your pet’s overall health status.
- Blood tests—Complete Blood Count and blood chemistries to analyze the function of the internal organs
- Parasite diagnostics—includes heartworm testing for cats and dogs
- Urinalysis—to screen for urinary tract infection and help determine the condition of the kidneys
- Endocrinology screens—for diabetes, thyroid disease, and adrenal disorders
- Coagulation testing—to check the clotting ability of your pet’s blood
- Blood Pressure—used to screen for hypertentsion, a secondary result of a number of common diseases of aging patients.
Our advanced diagnostic equipment includes:
- Ultrasound—This painless, non-invasive tool provides enhanced images of your pet’s internal organs and structures.
- Digital radiography—Digital x-rays are used to evaluate your pet’s lungs, bones, heart, abdomen, and reproductive and urinary systems. We also take digital dental x-rays during dental exams.
- Electrocardiograms (ECG or EKG)—An electrocardiogram is a non-invasive diagnostic technique that’s used to identify potential heart problems or abnormalities.